Do you know that, just using Rice Cooker may cook a simple yet delicious dinner? Let’s have this quick and easy Tomato Rice with Steamed Crab for your dinner later.
600g rice, 5-6 tbsps cooking oil, 2 tbsps butter, 2 cloves garlic(chopped), 1 big onion (peeled and sliced), 300g chicken meat (cubed in 1cm, marinated with 1 tsp salt & pepper), 250g large prawns (peeled and deveined, marinated with 2 tsps sugar), 150g fresh red tomatoes(diced), 5 heaped tbsps tomato puree/paste, 1000 ml chicken broth + 2 tsps chicken stock granules
1 large crab(cleaned), 20g ginger(julienned), 2 tbsps chinese wine, pinch of pepper and salt, some drops of sesame oil, 2 tsps garlic crisps
- Wash rice in several changes of water and soak in some water just to cover the rice. (pic 1)
- In a wok, add butter and oil; sauteing garlic and onions until fragrant. Add chicken, cook until lightly browned. Add prawns, rice and tomato paste. (pic 2)
- Remove rice into CORNELL Electric Rice Cooker, chicken broth and salt to taste.(pic 3-4)
- In a small plate, place crab with all the steaming ingredients on CORNELL Stainless Steel Steam Tray. Place the steamer over the CORNELL Electric Rice Cooker, cover the lid and press the START button. Let the rice cook. (pic 5-7)
- Once the button pops up, remove crab and leave the rice to keep warm, leave covered for 15 minutes, until rice is fluffy
- Serve rice with the steamed crab on top.
- 将水蟹铺在CORNELL电饭锅蒸盘上，面上铺好姜丝，注入其余蒸料，再把蒸盘置入CORNELL 电饭锅上，启动电源，按“开始”键，开始煮饭。（图5-7）
Click here to find more Cornell Rice Cooker information.
Tomato Rice with Steamed Crab as Chinese New Year Festive Recipe is feature in Oriental Cuisine Issue Jan 2015, Page 112.