500 gm medium size prawns
50 gm crisp cereal flakes
1 sachet Oat Cereal
6 Bird’s eye chillies (cut)
10 fresh curry leaves
4 Tbsp butter
Coating Mix for frying prawns
1 cup self raising flour
1 Sachet pack Instant double shot white milk tea
Seasoning for prawns
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar (to taste)
1/2 Sachet pack Instant double shot white milk tea
1 cup fresh milk
- Trim off the eyes, feelers and legs of prawns, devein but with shell intact, pat dry.
- Marinate with above seasoning for about an hour or more, keep in the refrigerator.
- Drain prawns thoroughly, light toss prawns in beaten egg and then drop into coating mix. Coat the prawn with a layer of mix. Heat sufficient oil in wok, deep fry the prawns in hot oil. Dish out once the shells change colour. Drain excess oil.
- Wash the wok clean, heat up and add in the margarine.
- Once the margarine has melted, add in the chillies and curry leaves. Stir-fry briefly.
- Toss in the cereal flakes, Instant Oat Cereal and mix well. Return the pre-fried prawns into fried cereal mixture. Stir-fry briefly and dish out. Serve and Enjoy!